12th August, 2023

Another early shift and no fun at all. Between 11am and midday was just nuts. Why does everyone get the idea to go to the supermarket at the same time when we are open for 14 hours every day ?

The weather was cold and windy but sunny, hopefully it will be sunny tomorrow when I am free all day to prepare the sheep shelter for the calf and throw more stuff in the skip.

I did three loads of washing tonight, it's going to be frosty so they will be fine in baskets until morning. It will save me a few hours of drying daylight when I can get them hung out early and might make all the difference in getting them dry.

I purchased a wireless phone charger as an experiment. They were $12.50 on special at work so I took a chance. Not unexpectedly it won't work with either of our push button phones and it appears that Geoff's smart phone isn't compatible either. It will charge my smart phone, which is handy because my main worry was that the charging port would eventually get damaged and it's so old there's no repairing that. Now it will only need to plug in if I am travelling. The outer casing is bamboo, which is a nice non-techno touch.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment