19th August, 2023

Yesterday was an early start at work and a very long day. 1.15pm to 9.15pm, supervisor all day and a very busy one. So very glad to get home. Too tired to type.

Two more calves from Robyn's to new homes. I have leads on three other people but no-one seems to be in a hurry to say yeah or nay.

Today I had a lady come in to clean, she spent an hour and a half vacuuming and cleaning while I got onto things I never usually get a chance to. I think I will get her every Saturday, I've been feeling quite behind and never catching up. It's a small expense but I will feel less overwhelmed. A bit of self care.

Ox Boy was back at the boundary fence today, so I walked him back up to the new paddock that the milkers were in. He'd headed the wrong way when the girls went up to milk and spent half a day hungry in an eaten out paddock. He was quite happy to get back to good grass and silage.

I let my calves out of their pen for the first time today, and they had a lovely day exploring and meeting other cattle and chickens. In the late afternoon as it was getting cold I put them back in their pen so they could snuggle up in the straw. Fed as usual later at night, I will let them out again the morning after their breakfast. I upped their milk ration as they will be using a few more calories now. 

I did four loads of washing and have another two to do, also just got to fold last weeks washing. A symptom of how behind I was. I also have half of the week before that's washing that did get folded but hadn't been put away.

No comments:

Post a Comment