25th September, 2023

I woke up to find the hanging  pig gone, I can nearly smell the bacon ! I took the liver, heart and kidneys round to Rob for his culinary pleasure. Turns out there was a live pig in the shearing shed too, the remaining pig went for an excursion over the piggery fence and was contained there while adjustments were made.

I had some errands in town today, including picking up some chook pellets. As usual, just as I settle into a routine of knowing what product to buy where, the place I get the pellets changed up brands and now I have to start comparing product and prices again. 

While I was out I picked up some Momar drain cleaner (for the bathroom sink) and some clearance dog coats (for lambs and calves) and set aside a line trimmer/brushcutter for pickup on Wednesday when it goes on deep discount. I also dropped off the signed tax return docs and went via the chemist for tablets. I left it up for fate as to whether I stopped at Ellesmere Patisserie for some greek vanilla slice, but there were no parking spaces so fate was mean today.

Tonight's dinner was a chicken laksa-style soup made in the slow cooker. We had to add a fair bit of coconut cream as the red curry paste had a fair kick.

I started putting the large buckets through the dishwasher instead of trying to wash them in the laundry tub, which is handicapped by being an octopus nest of pipes for the dishwasher and washing machine. Another step towards simplifying life.

Scottsdale Suzuki came and picked up my quad for a service, she should be back tomorrow all ready for another year of being the farm workhorse.

Still no calf from Sorcha, she's happily grazing with her homies. Checked on Belle today and she's doing fine too. She has to be over there for at least six weeks to confirm two heats, unless I see a mating early on and no sign of heat 21 days later.

Forest Secrets - Sandra Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment