18th November, 2023

Had a little sleep in today, and then hit the house cleaning and watering. I was having trouble finding a sprinkler for the front yard that could handle the low water pressure during the middle of the day (everyone is irrigating) so I slipped into Mitre 10 and picked up a different type that I thought would work better. It did, but will need some tweaking for the water pattern that's the most efficient for my two pockets of front yard, each with a bush right in the middle.

It was a good drying day for both hay and washing. The mission for organising some hay forks for Bessie has become urgent. There is no way I can get some made before the baling this year, but it will be good to have them ready for feeding out. I'll get a quote from Delmade, and also from the three agricultural engineering mobs around Scottsdale. 

The two black passionfruit plants were doing quite well until I noticed one had been badly mauled by a slug or snail. I have a pack of snail bait that is supposed to be uninteresting to other animals, so a sprinkle of that should protect them.

The calves have approved a feed recipe. One part muesli, three parts pellets and two parts chaff (mixed oaten and lucerne). It seems that the gritty texture of the crushed barley was the problem. When Annie calves I will probably add milk back to their diet, she produces more than a new calf and the house can use between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment