28th December, 2023

Another sticky day that ended with a fall of rain about 9pm. On the way home from work the rain closed in and was all silver, the land was dark and the road was shining silver from the last light, amazing !

I woke to a phone call to say we had cows on the road. A quick check and all were where they were supposed to be, so I don't know what they were seeing and it cost me that last half hour sleep. Bah Humbug. I did spot the bull courting Jaffa, so that was a handy thing to note down.

I took the quad out into the main paddock and rolled up some electric fence and picked up the step ins. I took the thistle spray out with me and went over all the main paddocks and hit some sneaky thistles. I locked off the rye grass paddock to grow with the rain for late summer feed and opened up one of the areas that have been left to seed so the cows will trample the seed into the ground when they graze it.

I also tensioned the wires on the apple tree straightening system.

We introduced Sarge to Rosy the Roomba, our robot vacuum cleaner. He was both fascinated and horrified, I think he'll get used to her.

I found this example of free embroidery, I love the colours and the joyful feel. A reminder that order and perfection aren't necessarily required for good art.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment