1st January, 2024

An overcast day, but no rain. A very pleasant temperature but the UV was quite tingly.

I went on with the watering, and decided where to plant the new hop and the jasmine. The new hop will go along the fence on the highway boundary, between the bottlebrush and the grape. The jasmine will go down by the dairy where it can grow over the apron and chiller to the craft room.

We stacked all the hayshed gates and the new six foot gate waiting to be hung on pallets by the hay shed, that will keep them out of the dirt and stop them rusting. I sprayed all the thistles I'd found during the last couple of days, only to find another one the hard way when I was fixing a leak in the hops water line.

I did another coat on the inside of one of the craft room doors, they're looking good. I'll have to take them off their hinges to do the edges, and take the handles off to seal around them.

I also did four base maps for marking up barley grass control areas and tracking which areas are locked up for seeding each year. I will also use them for fencing planning and water line layouts.


No comments:

Post a Comment