30th January, 2024

A fairly sticky day today, which improved no end when a breeze came up.

Birds have discovered the figs, and have picked the smaller ripe ones to eat on top of the posts of the tree guard. I picked the biggest ripe ones and ate them, one for breakfast and one for dessert tonight. I could get used to this. Had a nice dark red plum too. I wish the golden peach had fruited this year !

It occurred to me mid morning that I hadn't yet washed my work uniform. Luckily that breeze that came up combined with the heat and it was dry in time for work tonight.

Watering continues, it was nice to do the herb pots by the front door as the warmth brought the scents out and the breeze wafted it inside. I am still to identify the best spot to plant my jasmine. I know some people are allergic or sensitive to the smell, but I love it. Maybe an arch over the central path in the front yard ?

No comments:

Post a Comment