3rd February, 2024

Hot and windy, bit of a pattern lately. It's stripping all the moisture out of the pastures and gardens, and I have to watch for plants starting to show moisture stress.

For some reason I had a 9am to 12.30pm shift today, meaning I had to milk Annie when I got home from work. She was fairly opinionated about the whole thing, but everybody got the food and milk they needed and it will be back to normal tomorrow.

The vet students, Emmanuelle and Yuna, went to Bridport today while I was at work, and then hit the op shop on the way back. I think they had a good time at the Bridport markets.

I tried a new low carb bread from Helga's tonight. It wasn't hugely effective in the toastie maker, being fairly susceptible to the steam created by cooking the filling. It has an almost cake like texture, I'll try it in the toaster and see if it toasts up ok. 

Here is Suzie/Shredder riding out the terrible 25 degree heat wave in true cat fashion.



No comments:

Post a Comment