29th July, 2023

The soggy miserable weather is back. Waaaah ! I have a week off and it looks like I will be doing all the inside projects.

Bruce is still here, I think he might go tomorrow. Leigh used him to put out another bale across the road and a new bale in for his weaners and to bring another piece of equipment back from across the road. I don't know how many bits and pieces of ploughs and discs and augers he still has over there, but there's quite a collection in the barnyard now.

My aim with the front yard flower beds is to repeatedly seed with flowering plants into every gap until I have a self-perpetuating garden that crowds out the weeds. I have a few plants that self seed. Some are annual like the sweet peas and the bulbs, others are present all year round and form the basic framework. Nasturtiums, borage, forget me nots, calendula, lemon balm ... and rainbow chard. This plant in particular, in the front yard of all places, is a vibrant and cheerful ornamental as well as edible.

No comments:

Post a Comment