8th July, 2023

Got up a little early today to drop a repaired range hood off at the BP servo in Scottsdale for the owner to pick up. Conveniently, the latest order for Geoff from AWM was there waiting and I was able to kill two birds with one stone. 

I stalled until after 10am to milk Annie as the weather came in from the north and while Annie's head and the feed were dry the rest of her and I were right in the rain zone. It wasn't the nicest milking I've ever done and it's probably not far off the coldest and wettest. It did mean Leigh's pigs were inside their shed and I was able to pour the spare milk into their feed tub without a fight. 

Normally I have a posse of three cats and two dogs waiting for their share of milk, but today only Poppy braved the weather.

The wiltshire horn sheep agisting in the cottage paddock seem to be unwilling to use the shelters in their paddock, instead standing all hunched and mopey in the rain. I hope no-one thinks I am leaving the poor dears without somewhere dry.

Jayden K did his first close as supervisor tonight at Woolies, and as his mentor I was the 2IC. The rain kept some of the crowds down and we had a smooth night. I think he was pretty nervous, hopefully it was a good intro for him. Now we need to get Chloe S up to speed. It will be good to see some of the kids stepping up and getting confidence and something to put on their resume.

Chloe S dropped off a drink bottle full of lemon lime and bitters to me at work, added some gin when I got home and I joined her cocktail night from afar.

Word is there was snow on the mountain today, but I couldn't see it through its crown of clouds. Geoff said he was told there was snow on the road to Bridport. I think that is sufficient proof of cold for the day !


No comments:

Post a Comment