25th August, 2023

More rain !

I went and got a referral for a stress test for my heart and had an ecg done. The ecg was normal, and now I am to wait for the hospital to schedule my stress test. The ecg was needed for the heart study, and since I am getting everything else checked and tested this year it's a good time to establish a baseline for that.

I've moved the feeding station for the calves from the front of their shelter to the back gate of the house yard. They are mobile enough to come looking for dinner and know where their warm beds are to go back to after their night feed. 

I've now got Joey at 5 litres a day and Star at 4.5 litres. She's about 80% of his size so that intake is about right I think. I'll hold them at that for a week or so and make sure fresh calf starter is available for them to start nibbling on.

No comments:

Post a Comment