28th August, 2023

I got up to feed the calves as usual this morning, but slopped out in ugg boots and pyjamas. As soon as I had fed them I put on a load of washing and went back to bed. As I had only one day off between weeks I figured this should be a day of rest. I ended up getting back up at about 10.40am before going down to milk and getting breakfast at midday.

I am trying the newest research on weight loss, eating for 10hrs and fasting for 14hrs. With my usual roster and getting up times the eating period that makes most sense for me is midday to 10pm. That means I eat after the morning chores and still have time for a meal after coming home from work. The second part is high intensity exercise, short bursts of raising the heart rate. I have yet to motivate myself into that bit.

I picked up chaff and another bag of powder to store in the old chiller ready when the current one runs out. Among other things, I use the chiller to store stock feed so that if I run out of something I have a full bag ready to go, meaning replacing it is never a panic.

The stupid rooster attacked me twice today, he keeps sneaking up behind me. Fatal mistake, his days are numbered. If Geoff doesn't take care of him I will, it's getting really annoying and sooner or later he will actually hurt me with his spurs. It's a pity, it's nice to see him leading the flock of hens around, but there are too many nice roosters around to put up with a nasty one.

I did a check of the fruit trees today. The peach, nectarine and plums are all in blossom. The dwarf mulberry has already leafed up and needs to get into a bigger pot asap. I am considering getting a huge pot and having it on the apron of the craft room.

No comments:

Post a Comment