29th August, 2023

Annie didn't give alot of milk today, half thinking it was because I milked her late yesterday so she had less time to make more ... but it wasn't that big a difference. Leigh was standing in the dairy chatting so maybe she didn't let down as well. Cow's hate disruption to their routine. Makes you wonder how they went as wild cattle. Maybe spent alot of time annnoyed.

I let Geoff feed the chickens today, tired of dodging the rooster and thinking that if he gets attacked often enough he might deal with the nut.

I booked the vet to come and dehorn and castrate Joey (Star seems to be polled), preg check Annie and Belle, and give Finn his boosters. If I pay for a drive out to the farm I might as well knock over a few jobs.

The garden is now full of daffodils, and even nasturtiums and californian poppies are making a show. I think it will be time to start picking flowers for the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment