30th August, 2023

After feeding milk this morning I introduced the calves to calf starter muesli. Well, Joey anyway. Star is still flighty. When he tried to suck my fingers I loaded my palm with starter and let it trickled down into his mouth so he could chew it. Alot of calves take some convincing but I had to stop before he did because I didn't want to over load his baby rumen. I left a handful of starter in the feeder and it was gone by the afternoon. This could have been the other cows or even the chickens, but he might just have finished it off on his own.

I had lunch at the Amish Teahouse with Robyn, it was nice to get together for a short while. She still has 28 cows to calve, calving started early in the district for some reason, but is dragging on a little now.

I found a job advertisement for a work from home part time position with Sheep Connect NSW. After a quick call to confirm that you didn't have to be located in NSW I decided to apply. It would be great to do something interesting and challenging from home like the Uni of New England job I had for a while.

30mm of rain overnight last night. I tell myself we will be glad for every drop later. There were two wedgetail eagles hunting the farm today, maybe looking for small creatures flooded out of burrows. I have two yellow and white iris out today, and some small purple ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment