6th August, 2023

The day started off cloudy and cleared up to warm. I consider that a win.

I cleared out another raised bed for Calab to plant potatoes in and bundled up all the rose prunings to burn.

I went to Emma's baby shower (we had Ryan's birthday party last night) and had a nice latte spiked with chocolate gin.

Geoff found a recipe he liked the look of in the slow cooker recipe book and made a "coconut and squid hotpot", which turned out to be pretty much a seafood laksa. Since we really like a nice laksa that was fine. The recipe also called for some prawns, and he bought raw banana prawns. They turned out really well, quite sweet and tender. Alot of the time prawns seem to be overly salty and quite chewy.

I milked Annie later in the day as I am going to Launceston tomorrow and will have to milk when I get back. So I picked a time half way between her normal time and tomorrow's time so she would be eased into the later slot. On Tuesday I'll milk at the half way point again and on Wednesday back to normal.

Wednesday is dinner out at the Bunker Club with Shane and Juliet and their daughter and son in law. The Bunker has just reopened after renovations with a new menu. Anabel's will be re-opening in October as a thai restaurant and the Old Post Office will likely open by the end of the year, no idea what kind of food that will be. Anything but pizza, as there are now five places in the district that do pizza and another one coming. Indian would be nice.

I gave the pigs three buckets of surplus milk today, as I will be too busy tomorrow. And I would like to keep a larger amount later in the week to make dulce de leche. This is a milk caramel sauce and is absolutely delicious.

I checked the radish seeds that I planted a week ago, no sign of sprouting. Radishes are just about the fastest growing vege there is. Which is why they have kids plant them, fast satisfaction. So I don't know if it's too cold for them yet or they haven't like the spot. I'll give them another week and see.

I forgot to mention that the optometrist said my eyes were very healthy. This is always nice to hear.

Here are the new dining room venetians. Please ignore the kitchen table, it's stacked with things being sorted and relocated.



No comments:

Post a Comment