9th August, 2023

Well, the rumble I heard that sounded like a huge wheelie bin being dragged around on gravel off in the hills somewhere turned out to be some space junk coming apart in the atmosphere. No wonder the dogs were going off. I couldn't see the trail of bits in the sky because of the fog.

Put up a pair of venetian blinds in the front bedroom window, replacing a roller blind that was a mould factory. I think that will be better health wise. Two more windows to go.

Leigh brought his fergie 35 with the front forks around and took a round bale over to the cattle on the 75 acres, they were pretty pleased to have that. He's going to kill one of the pigs in the piggery and use the forks to lift the carcass.

I finished the freezer stock take and now have a set of pens and a white board eraser and some coloured magnets to prioritise use of the frozen stuff. I will add dates as things get put into a freezer and if I can find a chart of how long various types of foods can be stored I can then flag when they are approaching the end of the line and need using up.


We had dinner at the Bunker Club with Juliet and Shane, there was a new menu. It leaned towards asian flavours and was very pleasant. Geoff tried a martini for the first time. I tasted it too, and I think it probably spoiled a good olive.


No comments:

Post a Comment