8th August, 2023

I did another draft of animals and the sheep are now in the main paddock with Leigh's weaners and the balance of my cattle. They can drift under the single line of electric that is blocking off the main part of the paddock so hopefully Toot will continue to be able to graze well. I shut off the piggery paddock so the grass can recover by the time I need to lock up the ryegrass paddock for hay. This will also prevent the bull being at the dairy gate and Ox Boy from reaching over the fence to the silage.

Annie was waiting at the dairy for milking, the first time she has been able to since the weaners were dropped on this side of the road. That will save me 20mins each. Robyn has offered me a jersey bull calf to raise. I think I will take him, I should be able to put him in the sheep shelter for the first few days until he gets the hang of things. If I put a bale of straw in he should be warm enough. Annie is producing enough milk for a calf and the house at the moment.

It was my first night back after the time off, and while it wasn't crazy packed it was really constant and I barely had time to scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment