21st September, 2023

Nicer day today, did a tour of the farm looking for eggs with the improved light to see deeper into sheds. No surprise nests, but it's only a matter of time. There's a broody hen in the dog kennel in front of the chook house, I'll set up the broody pen on Saturday and put her in.

I rang around looking for old toboggans to make a farm sled, without success. They do make purpose built quad sleds, but they aren't cheap. I was hoping for an old car bonnet, but I think I can actually do something a little better. 

We have some old metal piping I think I can make runners out of and some heavy mesh that might just make a good body. Something that will carry two bales of hay and maybe a calf with a cargo net over it to keep it in. It would be easier to roll a calf into that than try and drag it up onto the quad bike, especially a large and active calf.

No comments:

Post a Comment