27th September, 2023

Chloe visited today and met her heifer, Freya. She also got well chewed on by Joey and Star decided to come out of her shell today and stood for chin scratches and brisket scratches.

Work was a long night, we ended up with 3 mini buses of drunk mountain bike riders. Honestly, I can see why people in tourist towns end up detesting tourists.

I finished paying for my new glasses today, combining distance and near lenses a bit like the old bifocals but without the hard line. They will now assemble them and post them out, and I can get them adjusted on their next visit to Scottsdale if the frames need tweaking. If the format works for me I will get another set made for work.

Geoff made hotdogs for dinner, he went to quite some trouble. Sauteed onions and mushrooms and bacon, with brioche buns. We both agreed that the brioche sounded good but wasn't very practical, being more of a cake in texture.

Just after I got home from work Sorcha calved. It's a large bull calf, with the lineback markings that many speckle park have. This is a mainly dark body with a white line down the backbone. Sorcha is attentive and the weather is still and clear, so after a second check to make sure all is going well I left them to it. 

I think me moving around with the torch was only making Sorcha nervous. Hopefully he latches on overnight and when I go out in the morning he will be making friends with the other three calves. They are going to be a bit of a gang I think, the bonus of having a few calves born at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment