28th September, 2023

I slipped out early to check on the new calf (named Zipper) and it seemed like he might not have been drinking. So I took him out a bottle of colostrum and wrestled it into him. He seemed like he had a good suck reflex and wasn't all that hungry so I waited on the next bottle and I was rewarded just on dark with him having a good long drink from Sorcha. So all will be well.


I also had a horrible cough, runny nose and marked lack of sleep so I called in sick to work and also reluctantly skipped the Legendairy Ladies meeting. Went back to bed after feeding Zipper and a shower (got covered in poop) and slept for a couple of hours.

Later in the afternoon Geoff and I moved the electric fencing in the main driveway area to allow the girls to graze the circle area. They were most impressed by the knee deep grass and it was also great to see Joey and Star hooking in and grazing like pros.

Leigh's remaining pig has decided that living on her own in the pen sucks and has been climbing out over the fence to wander around with the weaners. Leigh puts her back with her feed every day and tries to build the fence higher, but so far she is winning.


No comments:

Post a Comment