5th October, 2023

News today that we've lost another worker at Woolies, decided to do other work. On the up side, we can employ six people now. They are going through resumes knee deep.

Weather is supposed to be snow down to 600m now. The wind is certainly icy tonight. The cows and sheep are appreciating their respective warm sheds, but I feel sorry for Belle. The other four of my cattle with her on the 75 acres are rather furry, but she is a typical jersey with a thin coat. Hopefully she has enough condition on not to feel it too badly.

Annie is on the eve of her last day of drying up feeding, her udder is mildly full but doesn't appear to be at all uncomfortable. I will continue to monitor until she is slack.

I need to organise for Zipper to get castrated, and Poppy is due for vaccinations, so I think I will roll both into the one farm visit.

With the weather so cold and windy today, and a series of hard shifts, I had a good sleep in and only did the basics today. I will need to coddle myself a little if I am going to make it to Christmas in some kind of order. 

Tomorrow I am off to Launceston for a skin check appointment, but have the interview for the Council job in the morning first. I'll have to get up at a normal time to make sure I am ready and focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment