15th November, 2023

Another couple of sunny days, nice breeze, good drying day. Four loads of washing nice and freshly flapped.

The surveyor came on Tuesday, he worked for most of the day surveying the line of the road then finding survey marks to pin it to. I haven't seen him today so hopefully that meant he did everything he needed to.

Annie has started filling her udder again, looks like it will indeed be a November calf, which makes the sire Jason's speckle park bull. It can't be angus until May. I prepped the dairy ready for when she drops.

I took another paddock tour with the lontrel and sprayed a few thistles I missed last time, it's all looking good. The rye grass paddock is waist height and may be ready for hay quite soon. 

I bought sweet potato, zucchini and golden nugget pumpkins for the raised gardens down at the other cottage. I need to weed, mulch, fertilise and water this week to get them going.

I did a hunt for sprinklers and came up several short. They may turn up as the grass gets cut back, but I went down to Mitre 10 and bought some more, along with hose joiners, as I use a few of those. We also assembled the new whipper snipper/brush cutter. It's heavy, but I will use it for maybe 15 mins at a time and work through jobs.

The heart study people rang and advised that my genetic test for increased risk of heart disease was negative. That's good news.


No comments:

Post a Comment