13th November, 2023

I spent yesterday at the small farm field day at Lilydale, it was a very interesting day, with talks on many subjects. I had a conversation with a vet who works for Biosecurity Tas and it turns out he knew Deb Maxwell, the lady that I worked for when I did the remote work for UNE. It's a small world.

Today I went down and cut the plastic tree guards off the trunks of the established trees down in the soak. I'll go down another day and pick those up, plus all the ones that the trees have busted off themselves. I went via Jaffa's group to check on their feed situation, and Robyn had some jersey bulls across the fence. They were bellowing and posturing at me, so I discretely went back a different way. A jersey bull is one thing I never want to face again.

The calves are turning their noses up at the mix of muesli and pellets. Maybe they don't like the pellets or maybe they are full of grass. I am going to lock them into the shed for a couple of hours and see if they can chew up the rumen full of grass and get hungry again.

I watered the side garden as the dogs had been accessing the front yard and decided to dig up the one area that I had under control and looking good. So I locked the dogs out again, replaced the mulch and saved what plants I could, then gave it all a good water to bed it in again. I am going to start the full summer watering rotation as soon as I can get it all set up.


No comments:

Post a Comment