5th November, 2023

I got up at 5.30 am and had the sheep shifted into the shearing shed at 6,00 am. I let the shearer know about having them put in last night and he came at 9.00 am. All done and back out by 10.30 am. A nick here and there because they are great fat bags of attitude that kick and carry on, but otherwise a great patient job from Craig the shearer as usual. He earns his fee.

I noticed an udder developing on Susie, and maybe one on Emmaline. Looks like Jack the ram managed to get to some of the ewes back in July when he let himself into their paddock. That should make them due around mid December. It's just as well I got them shorn now so they weren't any heavier in lamb, nor were they sitting in their fleeces as it got hotter. Some had mucky wool close to the skin from the prolonged wet weather followed by some warm days. This could have turned into fly strike. They are alot happier now.


I found the remains of a possum in Poppy's room this morning. I assume it was headed towards the fruit trees. I have no idea why they come into the yard that the dogs have access to, given there is no shortage of barking. There are so many ways to cross this farm, or even live on it, without coming into contact with the dogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment