24th December, 2023

The christmas week is a massively tiring week at woolies. I am very pleased to have finished last night and take a huge couple of days off, going back to work boxing day.

So, I've put four broody hens in the broody pen for a couple of days, coming out on the 27th. Belle and her gang started pushing on the hops fence, so they have been moved to the sheep shelter paddock and barnyard. No-one seems to like the cottage paddock, I suspect it feels too exposed.

Leigh's pig pushed out under the fence and ended up gallivanting around on Robert and Kaye's lawn, I put her back in the paddock and Leigh has constructed what looks like a dam of debris along the fence. I'd have put a nice tight strainer wire along the bottom, but that's how I roll.

Leigh slashed some of the driveway area to tidy up a bit of the long grass and two young boys who are doing mowing to raise pocket money came and mowed the front and back yards and whipper snipped and swept, including the overgrown paths.

I have a kilo and a half of cherries off our trees, raspberry canes producing a bowl of raspberries every day and a lovely ham from the Ringarooma Butcher. No injected water, lots of lovely smoke flavour, it leaves the shop hams in the shade. I had to sprinkle baby powder all over the cherry trees as the cherry and pear slugs are hooking into the leaves.



While we have had rain on and off, I've restarted watering the most vulnerable plants, such as the pots, veges and the new silver birch.

A parcel has arrived from Amazon, I believe that's a gift from Aimee and I look forward to opening it tomorrow. I am thinking of  cooking danish pastries tomorrow, I've picked up all the ingredients that I fancy using, flavours and decorations and fruits and the pastry.

I spent 250 of my rewards points at BWS and paid $6.25 total for a dozen bottles of wine, two cartons of seltzer flavours, a carton of wine and five bottles of specialty drinks. That'll do me for most of the coming year.

The liraglutide is have a small effect, I've dropped about 800g and as an unexpected bonus the hot flashes have mostly stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment