4th December, 2023

The day started off sunny and then went to cloudy again. And just enough of a fall to stop me spraying weeds or moving hay. But not enough to water the pasture. That's getting old.

The little gas heater in the dairy ran out of gas this morning. I had a spare cylinder under the bench and changed it out in short order. Yay me. I took the empty one around to Stronach and refilled and I think that will be good for about a year.

I dropped into the supermarket to get a few odds and ends and found out that somehow two of the registers had been damaged, no-one seems to know how. I guess if they are really interested the cc tv cameras will show what happened. Then down to the Amish to buy some more fresh green peas, yum !

Here's a pic from the visit to Siobhan's the other day, with my new friend.


The ABC generally does community programming really well. Shows like "Old Folks Home for 4 Year Olds" and "Employable Me" for example. Another one of my favourites is "You Can't Ask That". All the things most (some) people are too polite to ask but are dying to know about people from all walks of life. It's an incredibly eye opening and humanising series and I never walk away from an episode without an assumption challenged or something to give further thought to.

Here's a link to the Wikipedia entry.

You Can't Ask That

"You Can't Ask That won the Rose d'Or for Best Reality or Factual Entertainment in 2017. It also won 3 UN Media Awards for Promotion of Disability Rights and Issues, Promotion of Social Cohesion and Promotion of Empowerment of Older People. In 2018 it was nominated for a Logie for Most Outstanding Factual or Documentary Program."

No comments:

Post a Comment