20th January, 2024

Another cool day, not alot of wind and the odd shower. Not a good drying day, just as well the old dryer still works.

I cut another weedy shrub out of the poor raspberry patch, now the raspberry canes can fill out the gaps. Threw a bit of fertiliser on the pots down at the craft room and then humped all the boxes of electrical gear out of the craft room and up to Geoff's shed. Cleared a heap of floor space. Next I need to block the holes on the replacement fuel tank for the red ute and get that out to some other storage space.

I picked three buckets of apples off the cider trees for the cows. Those ciders bear so heavily, it's just amazing. When we are ready to make cider I think I might need a couple of drums. I bandicooted some new potatoes out of the vege patch, will roast those tomorrow night.

I also put out minerals for Annie's herd and Belle's gang. The poddy calves all have ringworm so I figured the minerals would help them throw that off, plus it won't hurt the lactating cows any to have minerals supplemented. I boosted Annie's ration by half a scoop of oats as I think she's just starting to drop weight, and it's always easier to keep weight on than try and get a lactating cow back up once they've lost it.

The cattle across the road were all up at the water troughs so I took some licorice over and gave Jack a treat and scratched Sorcha's back, checked on all my critters. Fat and happy.

I dressed the hot spots on Poppy and Finn, I think the humidity and damp has made it hard for their coats to dry through. I cut up an old sock to slip over Finn's front leg where there's a sore he's licking at

In the middle of the day I put Great British Bakeoff on and waded through some admin while Rosie the Roomba tootled around the kitchen and spooked the cats.

Another idea from the internet, the corner shelves alternate so you can put really tall books on the double height shelves. When I build my new house the bookshelves will be built in like this, partly because I have always felt nervous about my free standing bookshelves falling on me while trying to get at the top books. Plus it feels more luxury to have built in book shelves.


No comments:

Post a Comment