24th February, 2024

Some of the locals said today was a scorcher. I personally think it was quite pleasant.

I did a search around and found another nest, those chooks just keep finding new spots.

I hand milked Annie for the second time, she was nice and steady but one handed on small teats is quite hard work. For some reason she wasn't ready to head out afterwards and hung around the dairy for ages poking her nose into stuff. 

Despite the time it takes to hand milk I save time on the clean up and the whole process is about 15 mins shorter. If I was able to use two hands it would be half the time the machine takes. Mind you, when she was giving me 20 litres instead of 2, the machine was the only way to do it.

The guys with the zero turn mower assure me they should be here next week. I'm not holding my breath, but I hope they do turn up and get the driveway area done. I am hoping to borrow a whipper snipper to cut a fire break between the paddocks and the houses and sheds.

I picked up another pack of puff pastry sheets. This time it will be parcels, with a slice of cream cheese, a scoop of biscoff and a couple of blueberries. I think it should be a winner.

The silver birch and the fig are growing really well, as is the mulberry. The hops have a heavy crop and one of the passionfruits is climbing its support now. This autumn, when the rains come, I might do another paddock tree. Maybe a full sized mulberry, or a carob. Or another fig, one of the honey figs that drip syrup when they are ripe. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment