23rd February, 2024

A fair bit cooler today, but still no rain. Picked a couple of buckets of apples for the sheep and cattle but became windy enough to make that not fun.

The calves complained long and loud about not getting milk today. They will cope. I might put out some hay soon to make sure they can get a good fill. I hand milked 2 litres for the house, which took a while but was doable.

Work was way hard. Too many people. There are two "alternative" festivals in the district and the town is full of barefooted dreadlocks that are busy shoplifting and making themselves painful. I won't miss them, they've been digging stuff out of the dumpster out the back, brushing off maggots for goodness sake. I sanitise my hands after a serve them and my skin is starting to really dry out.

Juliet dropped of two kilos of blueberries. These will be for eating fresh, and maybe a few baked with biscoff cream. Imagine some puff pastry wrapped around blueberries, cream cheese mixed with vanilla, and a good smear of biscoff.

 
Sandra Henderson "A Touch of Gold"


No comments:

Post a Comment