22nd February, 2024

If I thought yesterday was humid, it had nothing on today ! The taps with running hoses attached had condensation all over them. It hit 30 today, which is a major heatwave by Tasmanian standards. With little breeze and high humidity it was an inside/shade only day.

It was also the last day of milk for Joey and Star and the last machine milking for Annie. I might separate her from Gizmo, who is one of her past calves and might just be the one taking all the milk from the back.

I solved a couple of technical issues today, including getting a new hard copy card of my staff discount card. They want to move everyone to digital, so getting a hard copy is made as hard as possible. Just as well I am stubborn.

Michael Courtney, our computer guru, told me that the phone for the drone doesn't actually need a sim card and data. It talks to the drone by wifi and doesn't need the internet. So next time I fly it I will try it without a sim. If he's right that will save me around $120 a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment