13th March, 2024

A cooler day with a slight breeze most of the day.

Leigh left the gate to the yards open after he loaded his cattle so when I went down to feed Annie and the calves, Belle and her gang were already chomping on the left behind round bale. I am pleased that they are pleased.

Annie's gang are still eating the hay in the boatshed, behind a sheep panel. There is so little waste that I am thinking of building a bunk like the ones in the loafing shed that take small squares, but outside so I can unroll rounds into it. This will take some imagination and some engineering.

I dropped payment for the small squares of hay off to Scott Auton, a carton of eggs off to Pete, and bought a box of sauce tomatoes at the Amish stall. I'll dice those and freeze them for slow cooker meals in winter.

The new irrigation lines are working well, I was able to redo my watering schedule to spread the watering over a week, taking just the time to turn the water on and off most days instead of dragging and moving every two hours.

Here are some more photos of Spring Villa at Molong. 

A long while before we lived there.

 And recently after renovations


No comments:

Post a Comment