12th March, 2024

The day started hot and still and muggy, but a cool change came in at about 2.00 and made life alot more pleasant. I was sitting listening to an integrated parasite management seminar when I felt the breeze pick up and the temperature change and my wind chimes go bing.

Leigh yarded most of his remaining cattle from across the road and loaded them at about 3pm for sale at the Powranna Yards. He now has perhaps one weaner across the road that he couldn't round up and the rest of his cattle have gone to another farm. He left a round bale in the yards to feed them, and Belle's group can finish that off.

I went into Scottsdale to pick up stock feed and fill the car up with fuel. The BP service station that we have an account with is closed to repair one of their underground tanks so I had to fill up at the other service station, which is a bit shell shocked at the doubled trade on top of all the tourists. 

The town is full of caravans and motorbikes and mini buses with bike racks on the back. The motorbikes must have been part of a large ride, I am very over them zooming past my house as most of them don't seem to have a muffler.

One of my favourite cheeses is Blue Castello. Woolies had a "Light Blue" version in stock tonight so I bought one to taste. It's kind of like a young standard blue where the blue mould hasn't spread far yet. 

Gippsland Art Gallery is holding a "life's work" exhibition of works by Annemieke Mein. I have long coveted her book "The Art of Annemieke Mein". She's a textile artist, google her name and then click on "Images" on the search results page to see some of her beautiful works.

"Frog Down Under 2"



No comments:

Post a Comment