11th March, 2024

And another day of hot steamy weather and no breeze. If I'd known all I had to do to stop the ridiculous winds we'd been having was buy a wind chime I'd have done that back in spring. In sailing terms I think we are in the "doldrums" instead of the "roaring 40s".

Today the air conditioner is on and the dogs and cats are stretched out under it. I had a sleep in and fed Annie and the calves early. I put the sprinklers on the vege garden, olive trees and front yard and retreated inside to the cool. I can't imagine our water bill this summer.

I backlined the two calves with cydectin, they are a bit pot bellied and their hair is standing up. Although they have been on milk for about 7 months and are getting protein pellets every day, the current drought is hard on their growth and they are grazing close to the ground and possibly picking up worms. Cydectin is dung beetle safe, so it shouldn't do any harm even if they don't have worms.

I had a three hour shift in online, Chloe was there when I started and she taught me heaps more useful information in ten minutes than the others had in hours. Each time I hit a snag we worked through it and I filed that away for next time. I even worked out two different tricks in the computer system by myself. In the end all the stuff ended up in bags ready to go and the paperwork was done and it was all ready for the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment