10th March, 2024

Hot and steamy, top of 30 I think, not pleasant anyway. The few spots of rain did nothing but increase the relative humidity from 94% to 97%.

I finished clipping the 240V fence and connected it all up to power. There is some evidence of the cattle leaning on it to get at the soak grass, so the connection is just in time.

I picked two buckets of apples for the cattle, interrupted by the discovery of a large huntsman wanting to claim a bucket for a house. I used a branch to gently flick it off then ran the other way with my buckets. I am happy to let them live, but I like a good separation between me and them.

I finished the cider irrigation line and put that on, that and the orchard ones will save quite alot of time. There's a sprinkler on each tree so they will get water directly to their roots.

Geoff and I (and the cats and dogs, and probably the chooks, cows and sheep) had a nap in the hottest part of the day and then cool showers before going to Derby for dinner with Shane and Juliet. 

The restaurant was under new management and appears to be struggling with organisation. The entrees came out at the same time as the first two meals. Those two mains were finished by the time the last main came out, the chilli con carne was minus the chilli, and they messed up the drinks order. We went across the road to the Hub for dessert, nutella and strawberry calzones, and they showed the difference experience makes in customer service.

Setting up the irrigation run at the ciders


No comments:

Post a Comment