17th March, 2024

We had the tiniest of sprinkles this morning, forecast rain not materialising again.

Thomas came back again and we did more fencing and hay moving. I connected up the soak charger and fixed up the silage fence. I am still turning over what pastures to stock and what to lock up. Jaffa and her mob were up at the top of the 75 acres so I visited with them and handed out biscuits.

I cut up the box of tomatoes from the Amish and put them in bags in the freezer, did a couple of loads of washing, gave the sheep half a bucket of apples and waded through a couple of admin tasks, including an NLIS cattle ear tag audit. Hmmm, I was flat out all day but it doesn't sound like much on paper.

This is the view across the Brid Valley from the knoll paddock to Jason's farm. That slice of green on the top of the hill is where he is irrigating, and is a reminder of what the area normally looks like.

And this is what my farm looks like at the moment, photo looking the other way from the one above.


No comments:

Post a Comment