18th March, 2024

Another day of forecast rain that didn't materialise. At least a breeze and cooler temps.

I fed the cows another lot of hay out of the boatshed, I think there is another days worth in there from the nearly eaten bales. Another dry feed block out for the cows and I gave the sheep the half eaten block in their paddock. They got 2/3 of a bucket of apples and the cows got 2 buckets. I ate one of the king david apples, I think I can start picking those on the weekend.

Robyn sent down the figures for Gizmo, Greenhams paid $1300 for him and she took that off what I owe her. That's down to $500 now, not far to go. I contacted John Rogers about Flora, her knees are bothering her more and more and I think I will have to make a decision for her before winter really bites. He and his wife were very impressed by the meat from Little Moo, so I thought I'd offer them Flora, as it would be a waste to just bury her.

While I was at Elders picking up the dry feed block and some calf pellets I had a conversation with the admin officer about work there. She suggested accounts payable positions, as many of them work from home. I don't know how often those come up, but that sounds like something I could do. As opposed to accounts receivable which is really debt collection and not something I think I would be good at.

I had a message from someone in NSW who was looking for straws of semen from Hawthorne Grove Zeus, a jersey bull from a couple of generations ago. My straws were with Ross Pedrana at Dubbo so I directed them there, and it turns out Ross is still holding 9 of them, so I agreed to sell them since the chances of getting them down here are remote.

No comments:

Post a Comment