19th March, 2024

It has showered on and off all day, but I doubt we got anything near the 10 - 20 mm forecast.

Mostly the same things I do every day, feed the cows and the sheep and the chooks. Didn't have to water any plants at least. Geoff dropped an invoice for electrical work off to Jason and came back with a couple of boxes of freshly picked onions.

I did alot of admin, ticking almost a dozen things off my to do list. And we had some electrical invoices paid so I paid a batch of bills as well. Last thing before going to work the solicitor handling the sale of the 75 acres sent me a bunch of forms to fill in because a new law came in on the 7th March. Yet another thing that has is a hassle because this has dragged on so long.

I need to send a copy of my rates notice and a form giving them consent to act on my behalf. And go to the post office and do a whole process with my birth certificate, drivers license and medicare card to get a photo taken and proof of identity before the lands office will allow me to transact property. I think it's easier to get a passport ! Then it takes a week to get the "identity report" sent back to me, and I have to get that to the solicitor. It might be worth the drive to Launnie to hand that over rather than risk it getting lost in the mail.

And the big news that got them acting on the identification and consent forms ..... drumroll.... settlement of the sale of the 75 acres will happen in 21 days ! This means that the land office has registered the plan and we are on the final leg of the journey. I am sure there will  be a heap more admin to do, especially around the tax office and the SMSF, but the plan registration was the last big hurdle. Assuming the post office ladies decree me as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment