20th March, 2024

Cold ! All the windows had condensation on them. The wind was chilly and the sun was only sporadic. Yesterday's rain was a grand total of 1mm. Today has had a couple of sprinkles, enough to add to the wind chill and not enough to make anything happy. It was snowing in alot of the higher places around Tassie, I was rather hoping for a longer autumn !

I've finished cleaning out the spilled hay in the boatshed so the feeding decisions go to "hay or silage" and "which paddock to put it out in". I don't know why this is causing me so much hassle to decide, none of the options are any harder than the others... Or maybe that's why. In the end I went with silage, towing a bale up to cowmahal and putting a hay ring around it. The cows will have a very full belly tonight, which will help with keeping warm for the calves and Annie, who is lighter than I would like.

I went down to the post office and had my ID form done, which they told me will be sent straight to the solicitor, so no need for a drive to Launceston. Down to the chemist to fill a script, pick up some needles and a sharps container and find a bottle of lysine.

Then to Phil's bottle shop to buy a nice bottle of wine, settled on a yellowtail brand "Jammy Red". Dropped some onions off to Pete, have a bag for Juliet too.

Notified my accountant (who will be tidying up the SMSF) and the bank of the date of settlement, 9th April. Now to wait for hoops to jump through as efficiently as possible.

Someone posted a recipe for fried scones on facebook today. It's funny how random stuff hits you in the feels. I miss Dad, fried scones was one of his things. Today would have been good fried scone weather.

 Towing the bale of silage

A hitch hiker

Wrap and net removed

A ring around the bale

And happy cows



No comments:

Post a Comment