30th March, 2024

Still no rain, a hot one today. A nice breeze though.

I had an early shift, which always throws me out. Annie wasn't happy when I drove out without feeding her. Nor were the sheep for that matter, they look forward to their half bucket of apples each day.

It was pretty busy at work, but we had plenty of staff for a change and they really could have done without me. At least it was Saturday rates.

As soon as I got home I fed Annie, did the sheep, put on a couple of loads of washing, emptied the dishwasher and put the sprinkler on the front lawn, did the egg hunt, fed the chickens and cleaned up the kitchen. Then I dropped some pastries and the five teat calf feeder up to Robyn and had a forty minute nap.

Annie's bad quarter is now soft and normal temp, and what is coming out is normal milk. I don't know if there's not much because Abe is drinking again, she's not letting down, or the quarter has largely dried off. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment