3rd March, 2024

Aaarrrgghhh ! The wind ! Not particularly hot but the wind was strong enough to tear a sheet of roof off the silver shack at the back of the house.

Charlie dropped around with Bruce to pick up another bale of silage and put one out for me while he was at it. I combined all the sheep and cattle that were on the 25 acres and let them all at the bale. The sheep were pretty "meh" about it, but the cattle hooked right in.

I gave the calves another feed of mixed milk and pellets, and this time Star dived in and Joey got all waily waily because I wouldn't shovel it into his mouth.

Scott Auton dropped off 30 small bales of this years hay, which I will move into the hayshed tomorrow.

I did a three hour shift at work, supposed to be training with online. Tyler figured out that if I worked there he'd be finished too early and have to go help out on the front end so he told me I wasn't needed and I did the rest of the shift on front end. I did manage to do the computer training for online, which really consisted of a cartoon figure saying try not to tip the trolley over for five minutes. The only worthwhile part of the shift was that it was at double pay.

The hops have yielded quite well this year. I need to put on another batch of fertiliser before they start to dry off so that they go into winter with good reserves in the roots. I need to look up some more recipes or uses for green and dried hops.


No comments:

Post a Comment