4th March, 2024

The wind finally died and the temperature is lovely. If it wasn't so dry it would be a perfect day.

This is the first day of my week off, which is supposed to be on sick leave as the dr gave me a certificate to try and rest my foot. For some reason woolies put it through as annual leave despite the certificate. It would be nice not to have some complication to fight every time I ask for something not routine.

I tested Bessie to see if she would start and she did, so I unhitched the hay forks and hitched up the carryall (yay me !) and shifted the hay into the hayshed six bales at a time. Much easier than taking them one at a time over uneven ground on a removalist trolley. These will be used on occasions when I have one or two cows needing supplement but not enough to get out a round bale.

I fueled the car and picked up a dry feed block for the cattle. There's still no muesli, so Annie is getting golden oat biscuits as her treat. There's no real point in milking with Gizmo in with her, I got enough milk for a glass with breakfast. The spare milk from a few days ago that I set to clabbering for the chickens is done and I served up a big bowl of it for them. They'll eat that over the next couple of days.

With the grass mowed I am picking up a whole lot of fallen apples to give the cows, leaving the ones on the trees as they will stay fresh. I fed two buckets out and then filled another two buckets ready for tomorrow as I am off to Launceston for my heart stress test.

No comments:

Post a Comment