14th April, 2024

Mostly cloudy, even felt like rain for a few hours.

Thomas came over and we brought Jaffa and her group over from the 75 acres. Having faith the settlement will actually happen tomorrow. We also picked some hops, tightened and straightened some fencing and put up five of the six cow scratching mats that I bought off Temu.

Billie left some grape and currant tomatoes in the mailbox along with some egg cartons. I roasted those, and put another batch of apples into the dehydrator. I've already eaten half of the first lot.

My bank has asked if I want to keep the mortgage repayments at the same level and pay the remaining mortgage off faster, or reduce the payments and keep the original term. I asked to reduce the payments. 

The rent can still go straight into the mortgage and offset some interest, but I will have access to the accumulated extra in case of emergencies. If there are no emergencies then it will work the same as paying it off at the higher rate.

I tightened the apple-bonsai again today. For reference, here is the tree before adding the supports.

Once the supports went in

Today after six months of gradual tightening


The post is gradually approaching vertical too...

No comments:

Post a Comment