18th April, 2024

A cold overcast day, there were a few sprinkles but mainly cold and windy.

I went straight down to the accountant's as soon as I finished breakfast and we started the paperwork for the SMSF finalisation. The bank cheque still hasn't cleared.

From there I went to the chemist and filled a script.  While I was at the chemist I had a free hearing test. I am still mostly in the normal range, there was a slight dip in my left ear, but the tester pointed out that ear was closest to the door and there was a fair bit of noise outside. 

Then over to the vet to pick up Poppy's carprieve script to send to an online pharmacy. This will be about half or less of the price of getting it through the vet, delivery seems to be very quick too. From there round to Siobhan's for a cuppa and catch up.

I took the quad up the far end of the paddock to check on the fatty herd, they are all settled in and using the scratch pad and munching on the lick block. I bought a couple of bags of cheap biscuits to take with me on visits to start getting friendly with the half grown calves, Freya and Zippy. These are choc chip cookies, which is fine because cows can eat chocolate with no issues.

I didn't get any apples into the dehydrator today, but Geoff used it to keep two wine brews warm. We have a kit with yeast and bottle tops with a rubber breather and it makes a basic wine quite quickly using grape juice or cider using apple juice. He had me bring home apple and black currant and I'm not sure what that blend might turn into.

No comments:

Post a Comment