22nd April, 2024

Cold and overcast today. There was a little sprinkle about 3pm, but that was just enough to dampen the washing.

Visited the far end cattle, will be doing that every day. Jack was moving more comfortably, not yet back to normal but somewhat improved.

I took chocolate chip cookies to the sheep with mixed results. Some said yuk and some loved them. I think maybe golden oat biscuits are more universally accepted.

Poppy's tablets arrived and I cut two weeks worth in half to save wrestling with the quite hard tablets each night. I ordered beef flavoured, but flavouring in meds for animals seems to be a bit of a con, the animals seldom agree that it tastes like anything nice.

My bank confirmed that the funds from the sale should be available tomorrow, and that the repayments on the mortgage will be about $650 a month. This is good news, the rent will cover that twice over.

I saw this design on facebook.We have a few of these palecons around the farm and I think this could be a fun use. Goats love to climb. I don't have any goats, yet. But I think I will have a milking goat one day. My sheep might use ground level ones and I can tow them between paddocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment