28th April, 2024

A cold day today with 5 - 10 mm forecast, which also did not arrive.

I had a busy day inside, vacuuming and mopping, six loads of washing, changed the bed linen and put another batch of apples on, and put on the new lounge covers. They're a soft grey and I'm not sure how they'll hold up to red mud, but they do look nice for now.

Jack is looking well, I tried him on lucerne cubes and he liked them. I'd like to find a supply of them, one of the things I'll be keeping an eye out for at AgFest. Beanie was in standing heat today, there were shenanigans going on with the herd and I was very stern with Jack that he wasn't to get involved until his back was properly healed.

Geoff made pumpkin soup, I think the pumpkin wasn't the fully ripe and in search of flavour he roasted the pumpkin with some sugar and I think it over caramelised. It's edible but has a faintly burned flavour. There is more of the pumpkin left and it might be better made into pumpkin pie. Which I haven't had for absolute ages.

Robyn next door has gone for a cruise trip to New Caledonia, Charlie is feeding the cows for her. I think I might get him to put out a bale of newer hay for me if he has time one afternoon. The cows aren't loving the last couple of bales of old hay and Annie still needs to put on weight for winter.

Thomas is coming for a couple of hours tomorrow and I need to pick a couple of jobs he can help me with that I need two sets of hands for. maybe picking up all the feed tubs and random bits of wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment