29th April, 2024

A cool and windy day, good for drying, not for spraying.

Thomas came around and we did a thistle spray because that's a spot spray and the wind doesn't push it around as much. We visited with the sheep and the far cows, and collected all the scattered feed tubs. 

Then we put a cloche on the small passionfruit and added fertiliser and snail bait. We gave the sheep bioworma, and they hooked right into that. I think it has an aniseed or licorice base, which is popular with grazing animals.

Last night's apples were mainly granny smiths, tonight I am back to king davids. Folded washing and put more out, I think I have one load to go and that will be seven for the weekend. Alot of that was linen and blankets. 

I also washed the bathroom walls and ceiling as mould was starting to develop. It's always a problem in a house with uninsulated walls and a very high draft level. When I build a new house it will have double glazed windows and insulated walls.

We burned about six months of accumulated cardboard in the new burn barrel, then had some salmon and salad for dinner. We're working on emptying a freezer to reduce the electricity bill. I took out some steak for marinating with teryaki sauce.

Beth, the accountant, sent me the figures for the last of the tax office payments for the SMSF, and I paid those out of the SMSF account. On the 1st of May I need to send her the account statements for March and April so she can calculate the exact figure that needs to be rolled over into First State Super. Once that's done we can start closing down the SMSF fund and accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment