19th May, 2024

Yesterday I laid out the reel and step ins to create a paddock around Cowmahal. This will give Jaffa's group access to the Cowmahal shelter, the barnyard and the sheep shelter paddock when they run out of grass up the far end. 

Now that I have a fresh bag of lucerne cubes I am transitioning the group off chocolate chip biscuits and onto the cubes. Jack still gets one piece of soft licorice with his treat.

Today I moved a bale ring to the piggery paddock and put one of the good new round bales from out of the hayshed into it. I wasn't sure Bessie and I could move these bigger bales, but they've lost just enough moisture since being baled in December. I will need to use Bruce to lift down the bales that have been piled on top, but Charlie may do that for me when he comes to get silage next.

Last week Geoff picked up a batch of surplus and damaged bags of dog biscuits. I will be giving the chickens a bowl of those (for the protein) each day. The better quality brands will be used for our dogs. This will save some money for the next month or so.

This is an aerial view of the tiny house development on the edge of Scottsdale. They will each have a small courtyard lawn and deck. This is a great idea and they should do more of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment