22nd June, 2024

We've been in the middle of what is apparently a record cold snap. It certainly has been sharp !

I heard back from the job agency about the adult literacy job, they gave me the number of the recruiter who was filling the job. Despite leaving several messages she didn't bother calling me back. Perhaps I dodged a bullet. 

There is a job going at the Scottsdale Post Office, but that is casual and the knock off time is 5.15pm, so I'd have to give up guaranteed part time hours for maybe casual hours. Which is a pity, because I think it looks like a good place to work.

Robyn and I went for lunch at the Art Gallery on Wednesday, they have sold and are closing on Sunday. This painting was there in their final sale, by my favourite artist.

My passport arrived yesterday and I went straight in and did my MyGovID and set up transfer protocols and authentications with the Macquarie bank account ready for my appointment with the accountant on Monday. Fingers crossed we can finish the process ! 

I did some shopping on Temu, bought some led lights for the inside of the corner cupboard (the darkest cupboard in the darkest corner of the house), some storage for under the bathroom sink, a toothpaste holder, a saucepan drainer, a mince breaker upperer, an eggs storage caddy and a cordless phone charger. There are heaps of things at good prices, but it can be like getting lost in an infinite bazaar.

Star was on heat on Thursday, evidence that my decision to put her on the "can't be in with the bull" list was correct. Neither Annie or Beanie have come into heat yet. I've worked out the breeding/calving cycles so that no-one needs my presence in October 2025, so I know when to put the bull back through the gate to Robyn's. That's Sharik's wedding date (in New Zealand).

Today was my birthday and I pottered about doing the essentials and enjoying the quiet and the weather. I never work on my birthday. I took the drone out for a flight and worked on getting better control over small moves and then we went to Bridport to the Bunker Club for dinner. It was their last night open before their winter break.

No comments:

Post a Comment