8th June, 2024

It was very cold this morning when I got up to go do my fortnightly office shift, but no frost on the windscreen.

I was in by myself with Janice at home staying close to her phone in case I needed to ask any questions. I only needed to ask 2; why did we have tickets for christmas stock (she has no idea but said to bin them) and how to make the bank note counter stop doing bundles of 10 (hit menu, bundle and type in 250).

I finished all the essential jobs with ten minutes to spare. I figure as I get faster I can start fitting in the non essential but handy ones too. Not bad for only my third shift and all a fortnight apart.

When I got home at about 11.30 I found the bull finally up near the girls, with Abe hero worshiping him. Beanie went out later and was licking his ears, so I think he'll be fine.

I fed all the critters, did some basic chores, threw my uniform in the wash and went to bed for two hours for a much needed catch up. Five shifts in a row, tomorrow off and then back Monday. At least it's a public holiday so on a good loading rate.

I went shopping online for spare parts for Geoff's CPAP mask and found headgear and clips for $25, and two spare face cushions for $28, all free shipping. I also bought a knee pillow, one of those things you sleep with between your knees to align your back and hips properly. That was $6. 

Finding these bargains is helping stretch the dollars right now. I picked up a hooded fleecy smock at the post office, which is wonderful for keeping warm of an evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment