7th June, 2024

Another lovely day following a frost. There was no wind so the grass was still wet by the time I went to work.

Robyn's bull still hasn't joined the girls. Abe was in with Jaffa's group again, I can only assume he ducked under the electric again. Annie, his mum, wasn't happy about that but his love for milk arrowroot biscuits makes it easy to get him back on the right side of the fence.

Beanie had a bleed off today, which means the bull missed her heat by 24 - 48 hours. I will have to factor in two heats in keeping the bull here, so that effectively adds three weeks to his visit. 

I did a hay and silage stocktake today, 3 days per bale will eat up my 33 rounds in approximately 100 days. Just over three months. This doesn't allow for eating more as the weather gets colder. I have 11 bales of silage, that may just cover the shortfall. I think I will be lucky if I am moving onto fresh grass by the time we run out.

Geoff discovered a leak in the plumbing for the bathroom vanity. The shelf inside has gotten wet and has mostly disintegrated. I emptied everything out and when he's fixed the plumbing and removed the shelf I will get some stacking racks to help organise the contents better.

The passport office rang again just as I was getting ready for work. Instead of mentioning this when they asked for new photos, they waited until they'd received those before looking at the next box. The requirement was a stat dec saying I'd lost my expired passport. In some contrition the lady said I could fill in the form, scan in and email it to them instead of racing up to the post office to send it and ending up late for work. Hopefully that's the last problem.

These are the unsuccessful applicants for the cow daddy job. Speckle park on the left and hereford on the right. I'll get a photo of the successful angus if he ever shows his face near the girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment